[Qt] TQtWidget

zeljko at holobit.net zeljko at holobit.net
Thu Jul 12 22:45:33 CEST 2007

Quoting Den Jean <Den.Jean at telenet.be>:

> On Wednesday 11 July 2007 07:08:26 pm zeljko wrote:
>>   I cannot work without my bindings patch (QWidgetHack) , even on FC7.
>>   When I click X button it closes the window, doesn't matter about assigned
>>   OnCloseQuery(). Your test binary works ok, but same source compiled on my
>> shiny new FC7 not. ?!?
>
> We should find problems and not circumvent it. Reading the posts
> I see problems in LCL. But I also suspect problems in binding.
> I just discovered on older distro, that Mainwindow demo (FontDialog) does not
> work with Qt 4.3.0,
> but it does work with Qt 4.2.3.
>
> Even if I compile the binding code of 4.2.3 against 4.3.0, it still doesn't
> work with the same c++ code.
>
> I checked the pascal resulting code (compile w/o removing
> assemblers, both are
> the same,but with Qt 4.3.0 the FontDialog causes AV on Mandriva 2006).
> On Mandriva 2007.1 everything is fine.
>
> I searched alot but still did not find anything. If you have problems, revert
> to Qt 4.2.3 (Felipe will like this :-), ahum smells like circum...)

Qt is so clear lib, so there's no reason to suspect Qt-4.3 for such
things, but you're right it could be problem - at least until 4.3.1 ;)
Most problems (which I don't understand really) comes from LCL, with
same code, heaptrc says that I have mem leaks (at home), but not at my
devel machine at work.
TStatusBar isn't visible on any of those machines (XOrg-6.8.2), but on
my laptop (XOrg-7.0), but it's also not visible in clean install of
FC7 (XOrg-7.2) (inside vmware) ?!?

I'm just wondering why your demo binary works as expected on my
machines , but after
recompiling your source I get totally different results.