[Qt] problem with CopyUnicodeToPWideString() from qt4.pas

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Thu May 31 12:42:46 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 12:28, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On 5/31/07, zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net> wrote:
> > After adding try..except everything works fine.
> > What are you guys think about this ? FPC bug ?
>
> Which fpc version are you using? If 2.0.4 you could try the beta
> 2.1.4. If this fixes the problem, then this is a 2.0.4 problem that
> will disappear when 2.2 is released

fpc-2.0.4-20070521 , is it possible to add compiler directive like inside this
routine, cause we'll get unneeded bug reports about AV when I send
QXXX_textChanged_Event() patches.

{$IFDEF FPCVERXXX}
try
SetLength(s, Len);
except
 exit;
end;
{$ELSE}
SetLength(s, Len);
{$END}

or even better if we want to avoid IFDEFS in qt4.CopyUnicodeToPWideString(),
fpc have SetString() routine which is same as in win or mac port.
I'll try with beta, and then send results here.