[Qt] New Qt patch TSpinEdit,TFloatSpinEdit ...

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Thu May 31 17:51:02 CEST 2007

On Thursday 31 May 2007 17:16, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> Hi zeljko,
>
> Are you porting a large software to the qt interface, or something
> like that? Just curiosity =)

Nope, I have some free time those days (till Sunday), so I'm trying to help as
much as I can :), and of course maybe I'll port my software to lazarus-fpc
one day, but not now (MDI support missing).

> I keep wondering how far is the qt widgetset from being able to run
> lazarus IDE. This would be definetively great =)

IDE can run, but there's some error with adding menu actions, so it dies at
that point (screenshoot attached - I have to scale image, only 40k msg
allowed). I think that it's not so far away from
coding under qt lazarus.

* Is there any chance to commit latest qt4.pas from Den (with QStyle) added so
we can use QStyle drawing utilites (qt-4.2.3) ?

* I've installed FPC-2.1.4-beta, and same problem is still sitting at
 qt4.CopyUnicodeToPWideString() just raises AV when any text change occurs in
QLineEdit and QTextEdit (those events are implemented with my latest
patches). AV raises when Len parameter is > 1 ?!? I think that this is FPC
bug.

As I said workaround is to set try..except around Setlength(s, Len) inside
this routine, and then everything looks fine:

try
SetLength(s, Len);
except
  exit;