[Qt] Qt bindings

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Fri Feb 15 19:50:45 CET 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 03:41:07 am Paul Ishenin wrote:
> While surfing qt web site I found very related to our bindings page:
> http://www.blogistan.co.uk/qt/qt/qt_bindings/

I tried the different paths at the time. (florian and others too)

http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2003-September/013647.html
They were too difficult and without pascal language support.

You have either script language binding support
(smoke) -> not easy for a static language as pascal or either
pure c -> too poor for pascal
With my own generator I have more flexibility and no dependancy like the
qt3 binding of Hausladen (qtc based, but the qtc binding is not maintained
anymore).

Trolltech is aware of the binding and approved commercial use of Lazarus
with Qt through the binding (like PyQt).

The other bindings (all script languages now) do not care about pascal,
because my goal is different: I do not try to have a complete
binding for pascal that would allow to program directly in pascal for qt/kde4.
Lazarus/LCL should be must nicer.
Due to the nature/power of dynamic languages, it is nice to
for e.g. progam in PyQt,but I would not program in a Pascal/Qt.
However with LCL it becomes nice again :-)