[Qt] QtLowEventPriority and QCoreApplication_postEvent

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Fri Jan 4 00:16:56 CET 2008

On Thursday 03 January 2008 06:25:00 pm Paul Ishenin wrote:
> Den, can you make this things more compatible :) ?

Made more and less compatible :-)
V.57

The enum mentioned defined in qnamespace is technically
not related to the parameter type of the method mentioned
defined in qcoreapplication.h

    static void postEvent(QObject *receiver, QEvent *event, int priority);

-> priority is defined as int and not as the enum EventPriority

qnamespace.h:
    enum EventPriority {
        HighEventPriority = 1,
        NormalEventPriority = 0,
        LowEventPriority = -1

On the other hand:

The pascal line in qt4.pas is generated by the output of c++ program where I
always use printf with a %u (always unsigned output)
    QtLowEventPriority = 4294967295 { $ffffffff };

I only use this c++ program technique if I cannot parse one of the enum values
 (use of named constants e.g.).
But here it should have been easy to parse all lines.

The parser was broken. -> Fixed it.

This changed the type of some enums like QEventType.

Redefine your const LCLQt_Destroy like this to fix your code.

const
  LCLQt_Destroy = QEventType($1000);

Congrats on all the LCL/Qt work. Amazing to see it advance.
Did you know that the File Selection Dialog does not allow
to select a Directory. Lazarus->Environment Options->Set Lazarus or
FPC Directory via Dialog. Many first time users may stumble on this.

regards,

Den Jean