[Qt] Qt 4.4.1

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Sep 21 10:13:07 CEST 2008

On Saturday 20 September 2008 21:01, Den Jean wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2008 15:57:38 Paul Ishenin wrote:
> > - QFileDialog_Filters is using by widgetset and new dll doesnot have it.
>
> please do
> xxdiff qt-x11-opensource-src-4.2.3/src/gui/dialogs/qfiledialog.h
> qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.2/src/gui/dialogs/qfiledialog.h
>
> you will see that QT_DEPRECATED caused this
>
> qt-x11-opensource-src-4.4.2/src/gui/dialogs/qfiledialog.h:
> #ifdef QT_DEPRECATED
>     QT_DEPRECATED void setFilter(const QString &filter);
>     QT_DEPRECATED void setFilters(const QStringList &filters);
>     QT_DEPRECATED QStringList filters() const;
>     QT_DEPRECATED void selectFilter(const QString &filter);
>     QT_DEPRECATED QString selectedFilter() const;
> #endif
>     void setNameFilterDetailsVisible(bool enabled);
>     bool isNameFilterDetailsVisible() const;
>
>     void setNameFilter(const QString &filter);
>     void setNameFilters(const QStringList &filters);
>     QStringList nameFilters() const;
>     void selectNameFilter(const QString &filter);
>     QString selectedNameFilter() const;
>
>     QDir::Filters filter() const;
>     void setFilter(QDir::Filters filters);

nameFilters(), setNameFilters() are introduced instead of filters()
setFilters().

Anyway when we start with 4.4 inside qtlcl, there must be IFDEF USE_QT44
because there are really some new things especially about printing, and as you
said qfiledialog, there are also some new enums eg.
QPalette::QToolTipBase,QPalette::QToolTipText (that's why hints are grayed on
linux with qt-4.4.X) etc etc.... So best thing would be that qt4.pas be
renamed to qt44.pas when we add it into qtlcl, and for devel purposes enable
definition USE_QT44.So if someone would like to use qt44 he must read wiki
howto (I'll write it no prob).

zeljko