[Qt] Serious problems with libqt4intf quality for Debian

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Mon Nov 9 13:48:41 CET 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: RFS: libqtintf4
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 11:59:10 +0000 (UTC)
From: Sune Vuorela <nospam at vuorela.dk>

The sources seem to contain many autogenerated files with moc. these
should be redone on build.

How are the bindings done? By manually writing each wrapper class or by
some 'secret script' that helps?

It looks like the qreal handling is too fragile, but might be just
enough to make it work on debian, and it seems to assume
that all people using Qt on arm uses 'qtopia'. (qtopia doesn't exist
anymore)

And wouldn't it make more sense to create different bindings for each qt
module? That's what the python, c#, ruby, php, lua, ... bindings are
doing.

The build system looks like it is a buildd killer. It basically builds
all files at once, instead of build all files and then link them
together.

I'm not sure I like this way of creating qt bindings, I_think doing what
the kdebindigs people, by using the 'smoke' intermediate library is a
better way ahead.

I'm not interested in pascal, so I won't sponsor this. This is a first
list of comments from some Qt person ;)

What do you say to this, Den? The most important thing which blocks the
Debian inclusion is the missing build system and the missing script which
autogenerates the moc files. I don't know what "qreal handling" is, but
could you look at this? :-P
Thank you for your comment, I will FWD it to clearify why SMOKE is not
used.
Regards
  Matthias