[Qt] QT for arm-linux

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Thu Feb 25 22:33:40 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 20:32:35 Kjow wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I'm a newbie in this... Can you link me some
> documentation to generate a libQt4Pas.so arm compatible?

http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/qt/2010-January/001446.html

first know what platform :
http://qt.nokia.com/doc/4.5/qt-embedded-linux.html
meaning if Qt provides window manager on framebuffer
or x11 with some window manager is present on the embedded device.

for x11 use binding platform BINUX
otherwise use binding platform QTOPIA
(the QTOPIA name is for historic reasons, QWS would be better now,
but I cannot rename every-time Qt renames things and QWS is not well known.

in the source code of Qt you will find conditional defines
like Q_WS_QWS and Q_WS_X11.
See also: http://wiki.freepascal.org/Qt4_binding#Supported_Platforms

x11 -> use binding platform BINUX
qtopia -> use binding platform QTOPIA

make sure that in Qt4Pas.pro (the project file of the binding) the line
DEFINES += $$PLATFORM
is changed into the used platform
e.g. DEFINES += QTOPIA

instead of system wide qt, use qt-embedded (you downloaded)
and use proper qmake spec: so instead of running qmake, do
/qt-embedded-linux-opensource-src-4.5.3/bin/qmake -spec qws/linux-arm-g++

this will make that arm-linux-gcc gets called. should be installed ofcourse

and then run make

regards,

Den Jean