[Qt] No icons in pyQt exec application built with bbfreeze

Patryk Bukowinski p.bukowinski at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 17:31:10 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Maybe someone could help me with my specific problem related with pyQt and
python binary converters.

The story is:

I have working pyQt4 GUI application. After building *.qrc and *.ui files I
run it from command line:

python myapp.py

And I see my astonishing ;) icons. When I 'compile' it with bbfreeze there
are no icons.

I know that currently bbfreeze doesn't support icons, but I thought that
when pyqt resources are compiled and imported, that is enough.

Is there any solution? I don't take py2exe into account and currently I
can't use pyInstaller.

cheers P.