[Qt] QT binding anomalies

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Mar 5 08:49:28 CET 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 08:32, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Zeljko:
>
> I closed issue 0015744: QT version of Lazarus gives Access Violation when
> deleting items from Watches list during debugging.
>
> Thanks for fixing it!
>
> Now, I would like to know what was the fundamental difference between our
> QT libs? Is it just a version difference? If so, then it is OK.
> However I understood you had tested QT4.6 already before it was published.
> I tested with QT4.5 and QT4.6 myself and had the same problem.
> If there are random differenced between distros or window managers then the
> situation is bad. The bindings will never work correctly everywhere.

There's "big" difference between my devel system and yours :)
1.My system is glibc 2.3.4 based (fedora 3) with few dozen pacakges created by
me (eg. kernel is 2.6.26)
2.XOrg is 6.8.2 and there's BIG diff between XOrg < 7.0 and >= 7.0
3.My qt version is 4.5.3 but compiled (and packaged) by me with -no-sse since
it segfaults imediatelly on glibc < 2.4 because of glibc 2.3.XX bugs.
4.I've tested 4.6.GIT yesterday and it works ok.
5.Bindings are ok :)

> There were other similar differences between our systems, like the editor
> cursor which disappeared after scroll. Finally you fixed it so I guess you
> could reproduce it, too. What was the difference then?

Cursor problem wasn't visible to me since my XOrg is 6.8.2 and I have pretty
fast machine.

> The issue
> "0015885: QT Combobox flickers when updating items list"
> still remains. I don't know if a screencast can catch it but it is very
> obvious. I must believe it doesn't happen in your system if you don't see
> it. I am already propared to test the original QT lib from Nokia (in case
> OpenSuse has tweaked it) and test a different window manager.
> It just feels strange because my system has no other problems related to
> drawing.

Just try to create pure qt pascal app (without LCL) , using qt45.pas only, so
you'll see imediatelly does it flicks or not.Maybe I don't see flickering
because my machine is too fast.

zeljko