[Qt] [SOLVED] Link failure (undefined reference to `QFileDialog_selectFilter')

Laird lairdshaw77 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 08:04:20 CET 2011

On 21/12/11 13:44, Den Jean wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 December 2011 02:43:38 Laird wrote:
>>> /usr/share/lazarus/lcl/interfaces/qt/qt43.pas(10738,32) Note: Values in
>>> enumeration types have to be ascending
>
> You are using very old lazarus code. *qt43.pas* means Qt 4.3 ?!

Thank you, Den.  That clued me in to the problem.  The version of
Lazarus that I use, 0.9.30, is installed in /usr/local/lazarus, but I
also have installed through my package manager (Portage) the most recent
version of Lazarus that it has available, 0.9.28.2-r1, and that
installation's directory is /usr/share/lazarus.

The problem was that the 0.9.30 version had its
Environment->Options->Environment->Files->"Lazarus directory (default
for all projects)" set to the wrong directory - /usr/share/lazarus
instead of /usr/local/lazarus.  When I corrected that, the linker errors
disappeared and I was able to compile for Qt.  Success!

> Please use a fresh svn checkout of lazarus.
> Output of svn diff should be empty.
> Output svn info should be around Rev 34335.
>
> Use the latest stable fpc. Output fpc -iW should be 2.4.4
>
> Use the latest binding.
> Please start fresh. Remove all libqtintf* and libQt4Pas* from /usr/lib/ or
> /usr/local/lib/ and compile and install a fresh binding.
> And for the moment use the plastique kde widget style.

Thank you for the suggestions - I might try them next as I'm having an
issue with scrollbars that might have been resolved in svn.

Laird