[Qt] Warning about wrong char code with QT bindings

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:17:19 CET 2011

zeljko kirjoitti maanantai 14 maaliskuu 2011 09:06:29:
> On Sunday 13 of March 2011 22:33:39 Juha Manninen wrote:
> > Zeljan:
> >
> > About r.29822.
> > In Search dialog, when pressing Enter you get a DebugLn warning (changed
> > from Assertion failure) about key not being LM_SYSCHAR.
> > It happens only with QT.
> >
> > Can you please see if it is something to worry about.
>
> Does Paul's mail to lazdevel explains this problem ? You introduced
> (probably) a lot of new bugs with assert() cleanups.

Yes sorry. I went through the changes and fixed the remaining issues.

The LM_SYSCHAR issue is different. It was a "real" assertion, not one of those
"Trace:" assertions. I changed it to a "if ... then" test + a DebugLn so that
I don't get Assert failures all the time. I am planning to build Lazarus with
assertions enabled, yes.

The check can be useless and there is no error. Then it can be deleted.
If the test is valid then QT binding key codes have a problem.

With GTK2 I don't get any warning.

Juha