[Qt] Request to add clipboard operation messages

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Thu Oct 13 14:40:45 CEST 2011

> Yes. Under Delphi you can even abort the copy
>

> Under Qt those messages are not handled at all.
> They're used to notify controls that a paste, copy, cut is about to
> occur. Delphi also allows to abort them. Lazarus currently does not
> allow that, but in win32 and gtk2 i can make also make abort. With the
> proposed i can make it work also on Qt

Ok, but then, we are talking about 2 different things.
1st: LCL clipboard msgs => ws ... lcl want to do something with clip ok,
that's easy task IMO, adding QtLM_COPY,QtLM_PASTE... etc and process them
shouldn't be a big task.

2nd: you want to abort standard clipboard ops over text controls like
QLineEdit by intercepting widgetset ?  If yes then I don't know level of
complications about this.
Qt have default actions menu over such controls (QLineEdit, QTextEdit .. and
others where QLineEdit or QTextEdit are inherited, like QComboBox, QSpinBox
etc), so basically QEvent::Action/QEvent::Shortcut have to be intercepted and
stopped if LCL wants so ... but I'm not sure if this will work ... must dig
into qt code to see how is this implemented.

zeljko