[Qt] Qt5 and lazarus

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Thu Nov 24 22:27:53 CET 2016

Hi all
[ Please CC me on reply, I am not subscribed to this list ].

Upstream Qt recommends to stop using Qt4 next year. This means that
Debian is already trying to get rid of it¹². This has impact for the
Lazarus package as the Qt lcl depends on Qt4 to work.

Rather late than never, I started on packaging the libqt5pas bindings
for Debian, which should be available. However, that is rather useless
as long as Lazarus isn't ported to use the Qt5 bindings. I was
wondering, is anybody here working on porting the Qt lcl to Qt5?

Paul

¹ https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2015/05/msg00001.html
² https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=784493