[Qt] Qt5 and lazarus

Paul Gevers elbrus at debian.org
Sat May 20 20:29:07 CEST 2017

Hi zeljko,

On 20-05-17 15:59, zeljko wrote:
> On 11/24/2016 10:27 PM, Paul Gevers via Qt wrote:
>> Hi all
>> [ Please CC me on reply, I am not subscribed to this list ].
>>
>> Upstream Qt recommends to stop using Qt4 next year. This means that
>> Debian is already trying to get rid of it¹². This has impact for the
>> Lazarus package as the Qt lcl depends on Qt4 to work.
>>
>> Rather late than never, I started on packaging the libqt5pas bindings
>> for Debian, which should be available. However, that is rather useless
>> as long as Lazarus isn't ported to use the Qt5 bindings. I was
>> wondering, is anybody here working on porting the Qt lcl to Qt5?
>
> Qt5 is already ported and it works. CBindings are in
> lcl/interfaces/qt5/cbindings so you can build package libQt5Pas.

Building libQt5Pas already worked, it just wasn't useful until something
was going to use it.

> Lazarus 1.8 release will contain qt5 widgetset.

Great. I noticed in the release notes.³ I assume I can build the IDE
with qt5 now instead of qt. I already started on packaging the release
candidate.

> P.S: fix date on your computer

Can you please elaborate on this? As far as I see it is correct and even
continuously updated with ntp.

Paul

³
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Lazarus_1.8.0_release_notes#LCL_Interfaces_Changes