[Customdrawn] Some patches

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Mar 30 10:51:19 CEST 2012

On 03/30/2012 09:48 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> I wrote a "remote" LCL interface to Android in the past but I deleted
> it in favor of LCL-CustomDrawn. Remote stuff is always too slow when
> it comes to drawing graphics.
I see. Sounds like a good choice.

> Each backend needs a separate timer implementation, so a theorical
> nogui backend would need it's own timer, although it could copy code
> from X11.
As long as there is a decent way to allow for such multiple backend
implementations (e.g. if the common code provides abstract classes the
actual backend code can be plugged in). This holds for any events that
need to be queued to be handled by the main thread one after the other.
May they generated by the User, a Timer, or a worker Thread.

> The Android backend uses the timer provided by the Android API, so it
> does not need to implement this on it's own.
This of supposedly is the best performing implementation. OTOH this does
not help with TThread.Synchronize() and Application.QueuAsyncCall() (and
friends). Theses Events somehow need to mixed as targets towards the
same Queue-Output as the GUI generated user and Timer events.

As you might know I wrote a testing program for this stuff

-Michael