[Customdrawn] Dialog problems. attn Felipe or zeljko

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed May 2 19:55:22 CEST 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Giuliano Colla
<giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> I have already implemented for some applications of mine a set of custom
> dialogs, because I needed large fonts, and more lines of text.
>
> It fits easily on customdrawn, because it's fully backend and widgetset
> independent. It just creates a form, populates it with buttons, text, and
> whatever, sizes the form to fit, opens it modal and when it's done the form
> is released.
> I have also implemented custom file/directory dialogs on the same line, so I
> was thinking to take advantage of that as a second step.

We need such dialogs in the unit lazarus/lcl/lazdialogs.pas

Note that we need 2 version of each dialog: 1 for desktops and 1 for
mobiles. I wrote so far only mobile dialogs, so your dialogs are very
welcome =) Please make a proper patch for the unit lazdialogs.pas

Note that although the dialogs might have extra functionality (which
can be set via something), the focus should be in being as standard as
possible, just like Qt or Gtk2 dialogs in X11.

> All is good and well, but it doesn't work properly in X11 customdrawn.
> When the modal form is closed and released, any action on the main form
> gives rise to a sigsev, as if the form released had been the main form
> instead of the modal one.
>
> Scenario:
> 1) My dialog work properly with GTK and QT widgetset.
> 2) My dialog causes sigsev after being released in X11 customdrawn.
> 3) My dialog works properly also in X11 customdrawn if the form is just
> hidden instead of released.
>
> My question is: is that a known issue, maybe already solved in between, or
> it deserves investigation?

No, it is not know. But you can first send a patch for lazdialogs and
then we can see about this problem.

lazdialogs should be totally not specific to customdrawn. It should be
usable with all other widgetsets too, so we can solve these 2 issues
separately.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho