[Lazarus-other] Install and upgrade situation

Doug Chamberlin chamberlin.doug at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 18:33:51 CET 2012

On 1/13/12 12:20 PM, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
> Honestly: you exaggerate the problem, IMHO.
I don't think its an exaggerating to observe the regular reports of
install and upgrade problems. Just look at any 1 month period over the
past year or so.

> For every single panicked bugreport, there are 100 people...
There are no doubt more successes than problems. But I don't see the
problem rate going down in any significant way. Nor do I see a reduction
in problems when people do unusual, but reasonable, things. In short, I
think the system is more brittle than it should be. But that's just my
impression.

So I think you are guessing here. Do you have any real numbers?