[lazarus] Added TEdit and TLabel Button to the FCL

Cliff Baeseman vbman at pcpros.net
Tue Apr 20 01:30:15 EDT 1999

Everyone,

  I added TEdit and TLabelButton to the FCL tonight. TLabelButton is
just a decendant  of TButton which has a caption on it. I also corrected
a error in the control alignment code at the TControl level  AddControl
procedure. TEdit still needs to have the event handlers coded and the
GetText function has to be finished. The event handlers for TButton and
inherited TLabelButton is working.

I will place this code on the Web tomorrow evening after adding a few
more components("widgets").

Not much more to do to the FCL to get us a working editor / compiler .
We still need check boxes for the  environment options dialog.

Shane  I know how to handle the menu stuff.
   Would you like me to take a crack at it. I think we should attack it
just like TButton. We create three objects TMenuBar, TMenu, TMenuItem
all based from our TWinControl.  TMenuBar will have  a method called
addMenuItem , TMenu will have a method called addMenuItem. The TMenuBar
is the item that will be positioned on the form using the AddComponent
Method. I think we should ignore but not forget the way delphi handles
these objects. We can make it delphi looking but it does not have to be
a straight delphi conversion. Shane give me your  thoughts on this?

We would probably get into deep @$@# if we did a direct conversion.

This means we have

TForm
TButton