[lazarus] Problem with FPC

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Apr 22 11:10:39 EDT 1999

Could someone do me a favor.....

In stdControls.pp I have soe source code that defines a class called TMemoStrings (AFTER Implementation)

In TMemoStrings if I uncomment the function overrides, I get a compiler error saying...
"overloaded methods which are virtual; must have the same return type: TMemoStrings.GetTextStr"
followed by similiar errors on the remaining procedures.  WHY?

If you look at the definition for TStrings and look at these procedures you'll see that they ARE returning the same type.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Shane