Very Nearly

Peter Vreman pfvreman at wins.uva.nl
Fri Aug 13 10:24:53 EDT 1999

At 15:56 13-8-99 , you wrote:
>I simply went to www.gtk.org and downloaded their Stable version of
>1.2.  It's at
>ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2
>gtk+-1.2.3.tar.gz and glib-1.2.3.tar.gz

You should install the devel pacakages:

   gtk+-devel-1.2.1-10.i38...   781 Kb    Mon May 31 12:36:00 1999

the same goes for glib ofcourse and all other libs you want to develop for.
Normally these devel packages also contain the static libary version.

Please add this to HowTo, that you need to install the devel packages,
maybe even including the links for the .rpm's which most ppl use.

Peter