Very Nearly

Samuel Liddicott sam at campbellsci.co.uk
Fri Aug 13 10:40:47 EDT 1999

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
> Sent: 13 August 1999 02:56 PM
> To: lazarus at miraclec.com
> Subject: Re: RE: Very Nearly
>

> I simply went to www.gtk.org and downloaded their Stable version
> of 1.2.  It's at
> ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2
> gtk+-1.2.3.tar.gz and glib-1.2.3.tar.gz

Hmm.  Thanks; yep this does build static too.  I bet my RPM does actually,
it probably just doesn't package them.

Strangely for ./config said this:

checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Linux ld.so

So... why is it that lazarus/ppc386 can't do shared libraries?  Is it just
that it can't, or I have to do some magic alteration?  Or I have to wait for
some later makefiles?

Thanks

Sam