[lazarus] Editor crashing when adding text

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Mon Dec 6 12:29:21 EST 1999

+ From: Shane Miller [mailto:SMiller1 at stvgb.org]
+
+ Positive.  The error occurs iwhen it's assigning a default
+ font.  Perhaps my system doesn't HAVE that
+ font....hmmm....maybe that's the issue.  I just updated from
+ CVS and it again crashed.
+
+ I wonder if it's an error with loading that specific font as
+ the default.  I'll make the dafult font more generic and see
+ if it loads....

If the font can't be found the gdk_Font_Load returns a nil.

Hmmm.. "-*-helvetica-bold-r-normal--*-120-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" might be a bit
to specific

helvetica 120 should be enough.

Marc