AW: [lazarus] A hope.

dvortex-[Gotcha/courrier] dvortex at fmel.grolier.fr
Wed Dec 15 13:09:06 EST 1999

I have one advice:
DIVIDE AND CONQUER...

Don't take it the wrong way, divide all the distro, check them all (if you
have the time) and see which one you feel good with. once you know which
one YOU like, install it and play with it more, .. maybe also try again
the one that were close to it... play more.. and eventually, pick your
choice..

Note: my experience..
i had slack 3.6, worked, but funny, waited, got CygnusMiniLinux, and
worked great... then, moved to RedHat, then back to Slackware 4.0, then
7.0.0 and now, i love slack, and i feel so confortable with it that the
windows98 said byebye on my laptop .. :o)

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Gunars Rodins wrote:

> So i will try out CorelLinux. In reviews seems to installing without problems
> and run.
> Some peoples says, that this CoreLinux is sux. But i am newbie in Linux. I will
> see your coments about this.
>
> > + So for me at least the choice is obvious. But this is purely based
> > + on my own experience.

This is the best way, take 2 weeks, install Linux everyday.. and you will
feel better with one or another... :o)
(ok, maybe not 2 weeks, but try them all!!!)

> > Before ending up in a distro war, I think its a matter of taste, experiences
> > and things you want to do with Linux. Compared to the slackware distro I
> > used before,  RH4.2 was for me an enlightment. Up till now (RH6.0) I didn't
> > encounter any problems and I didn't see a reason to use Debian/SuSE/other
> > distros.

That is exactly the point, build some experience, ask question on how to
fix problem, not which distro you like better...

now, that said, Have Fun with linux
(and use Slackware -- Just kidding :o)