[lazarus] classesh.inc change required

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Mon Dec 20 20:52:22 EST 1999

vital at videotron.ca wrote:

> IMHO, we can get the best of both world. Just make two create methode
> with overloading. That keep the way it is and be compatible with
> actual Delphi!

Well given how TBits is written and the fact that it is included in the
classes unit we might be able to get away with it in this case.

However please note the following information from in the FPC Manuals.
Since most of what we are doing should be using the "$MODE DELPHI"
switch this puts a kink in it.

+++++++++++++ From the manuals ++++++++++++++++++

D.3 Delphi mode

This mode is selected by the $MODE DELPHI switch. On the command-line,
this mode is selected by the -Sd switch.
1. You can not use the address operator to assign procedural variables.
2. A forward declaration must not be repeated exactly the same by the
   implementation of a function/procedure. In particular, you can not
   omit the parameters when implementing the function or procedure.
3. Overloading of functions is not allowed.

This wasn't the whole listing, just up to item 3 which is the problem.
We can't write in Delphi mode with FPC and use overloading.