[lazarus] classesh.inc change required

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Dec 21 03:06:07 EST 1999

michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:

> > Then my next question is, which VCL do we match?
>
> Is that important to you ? Try to make the latest possible; in any
> case the interface changes between D3 and D5 are almost nihil; the
> internal stuff changes probably quite a lot.

That's not completely true. Some D3 code will not compile in D4/D5
without some additional changes. What do we do when D6 comes out? Do we
change the LCL so it matches D6? I guess what I am asking is there ever
going to be a time when we are going to splinter off and diverge from
Delphi? I know we are far from this point yet but when do we start doing
things to be the lead in Pascal OOP design and not just a Delphi
follower?