[lazarus] New Colorizer

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Tue Jul 13 14:32:07 EDT 1999

The problem is that the underlying widget (gtktext) is limited to the number of characters it can hold (I think).  Therefore I don't know if I could actually hold 1000 lines.

Second, I would prefer to write a new component that from the user's end would seem simple enough to use.  I'm not sure if your idea would look simple, though it would probably do the trick.  Simply catch the onclick event for the scroolbars and slap new code on it.

Shane

>>> Data Vortex <dvortex at francemel.com> 07/13 1:11 PM >>>
maybe you can use a TMemo for displaying the text (like XX lines) and have
a series of TString behind that would hold the file content (regarless od
the size, the memo is probably never going to need to show VERY large piece
of code (it will have to know about it) but for 'visible piece of code', it
will never be a lot (probably never more than 1000 lines at once). You just
need to be able to show a 'window' on the text, so just show that in the
memo..

(i hope i'm not generating garbage)

Is that what you are looking for ?

At 12:59 PM 7/13/99 -0500, you wrote:
>My idea was to combine a few components.  Perhaps a TMemo and a TCanvas,
but the problem is TMemo won't work because of it's file size limitation.

>Also, not sure if using a TCanvas (drawing widget) would be the best idea
or not.

>Shane

>How about a frame bound to the left side of a TMemo.. Later we can just add
>code for a click event to blast on to the frame a image or drawing widget
>containing the red dot or whatever...I think you may also be able to adjust
>the frame borders and such to make it appear as sunken...
>
>Cliff

-----
Nothing is foolproof to a
sufficiently talented fool.