[lazarus] FW: win32

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jul 19 09:48:16 EDT 1999

On Mon, 19 Jul 1999, Jeff Wormsley wrote:

> >C:\PP\SOURCE>cd compiler
> >
> >C:\PP\SOURCE\COMPILER>make cycle
> >The name specified is not recognized as an
> >internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
> >>& was unexpected at this time.

> This must be NT you are running on.  The only thing left in NT that you can do from Autoexec.bat is set the path and environment variables.  You can also do it in the command prompt properties, by specifying a batch file (say, lazinit.bat) that sets the path and environment variables.  Path needs to have C:\PP\BIN\WIN32 added, going by your example.  Use SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\PP\BIN\WIN32; to add it to what is already there.

The problem is that in the compiler directory there is a file 'make.cmd', meant for OS/2
But since NT also accepts .CMD as an extension for batch files, it tries to run this make
and NOT the real 'make.exe'. The solution is to remove the make.cmd from the directory
or to specify the full path to make.
(Do not forget that the next source wil again contain the make.cmd)

Michael.