[lazarus] Win32 Installer/Lazarus

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Sun Jul 18 15:17:13 EDT 1999

I agree, but the only problem with using the Debug class is that it compiles
extra code into your programs, even when you turn Debug off. Maybe we should
wrap the calls to the Debug class in ifdef DEBUG directives and include the
define DEBUG in the Debug unit file. Then all we have to do is comment out the
define and recompile and all the debug code will get compiled out. This gives
us the ability to use the logging that the Debug class provides and still
allows us to compile out the code when we are done debugging.

Just an idea.

Curtis

On 18-Jul-99 michael at tfdec1.fys.kuleuven.ac.be wrote:

> On Sun, 18 Jul 1999, Cliff Baeseman wrote:
>
>> This brings up a good point I started to put in a bunch of ifdef DEBUG but
>> does that make sense or should we build a object based on tstrings that can
>> print the debug list to a file or the screen for debugging or shutting it
>> off all together...
>
> Why don't you use Michael Hess' debug object he posted some time ago ?
> With minimal effort , the debug can be sent to a window with a tmemo in
> it if required.
>
> Michael.
>>
>> Cliff

Curtis White