[lazarus] Win32 Installer/Lazarus

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Sun Jul 18 16:13:49 EDT 1999

Curtis White wrote:

> I agree, but the only problem with using the Debug class is that it
> compiles extra code into your programs, even when you turn Debug off.

True but I LIKE this. Just think you can add this to the code and have
it turned off. Then if the user is having problems with the program you
can have them use a command line options to turn on the debugging and
give you a detail report of what the program is doing.

We can certainly add more features and functions to the class so that it
can turn on only certain sections, or all sections, app level code, or
system class library code, etc. etc. etc. Allows for debuging after
delivery. I think that is worth the little bit that it adds to the
project. The way it is designed you add the unit to each of the units
where you want to use it. But there is only every ONE instance of the
debug created so it really isn't adding that much to the application.