[lazarus] TCanvas

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 22 09:35:47 EDT 1999

Michael, thanks for the link.

Actually, I have that book and have read it.  Here's the thing.  The style tells the widget how it should be drawn, not how it should be drawn TO.
See, if I want to draw a red rectangle to the window and I set the style to all reds, then the entire widget is red.  I'll see if I can switch the style back or something and see if that works.....

Shane

Shane Miller wrote:

> Actually, that function doesn't exist.  There is a
> gdk_window_set_background and a gdk_gc_set_foreground.

On page 257 of "Developing Linux Applications with GTK+ and GDK" it
says," Every widget in GTK+ as a style that determines how it is to be
drawn on the screen."

Anyway go to this link. It is all the example from the above book. Take
a look at Chapter 12. It deals with drawing and using rectangles and
colors.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~eharlow/book/