[lazarus] Strange resize/align problem

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Jul 29 01:43:57 EDT 1999

I think someone mentioned something about this before but now I have a
good example. Both of Hello World and the Common Dialogs demo both show
this strange behaviour. In Hello World the button is designed to appear
in the middle of the windows. However, now it is in the lower right hand
corner of the window. It isn't that the button has moved but the windows
has resized itself to be smaller so that the right side and bottom of
the window match the component furtherest to the right.

In the Common Dialogs window the "Close" button should be floating just
above and to the right of the window edges but it also is aligned
exactly with the edges of the window. Whatever coordinates you give the
button the window realignes itself to match the button.

Something for you guys working on the alignment and resize to look at.