[lazarus] Any ideas......?

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Thu Jul 29 15:51:58 EDT 1999

In my latest "Any Ideas" column, I'd like to enter this:

In Lazarus when you stretch the form, a resize occurs in TControls and therefore a DRAW or PAINT event occurs.  If you stretch this form ALOT, then the syste3m is overloaded with these messages.

How can we determine when they are DONE resizing and then, and only then, call the draw?  I like the method of showing a fake square until you let the mouse button up, but how woulds we go about that?

Any ideas on ways to reduce the draw signals?

Shane