[lazarus] GtkInt Help

Curtis White osiriz at teleport.com
Thu Jul 29 13:58:43 EDT 1999

Awsome. Now I understand. This is pretty cool. Now I can get all the GTK code
moved out of the Notebook files and into GtkInt. Hopefully I will have that
done later today or tomorrow (I have to go with the wife to dinner at some
friends tonight so won't get much done :(  ).

Thanks for the excellent explanation.

Curtis

On 29-Jul-99 Shane Miller wrote:
> 1) I am trying to use only Sendmessage 2 and 3.  3 is good if you can send
> the SELF parameter.  2 is good for sending a bunch of info because you can
> send that last pointer as a record.  Look at the function SetBounds in
> CONTROL.INC  it sends a TRect as the last pointer value.  If you want to send
> a whole bunch of stuff look at CANVAS.INC.  In TextOut I(and other
> procedures) I set up a TLM******* record and send that as the last pointer.
> Then I reference it in gtkinterface.  I define the record layout in lm
> essages.pp
>
> So, if you can send just the SELF parameter, use 3, else use 2.
>
> 2)  We are ONLY calling gtk by using the sendmessage.  That way when we
> convert a gtkinterface object to QT, we don't have to change anything.
>
> Shane

Curtis White
Curtis White <osiriz at teleport.com>
http://www.teleport.com/~osiriz/