[lazarus] Back to regular code questions:

Shane Miller SMiller1 at stvgb.org
Mon Jun 28 15:55:07 EDT 1999

In our code, in editor.pp we use a TMemo control and add some code to do the colorizing.  Here's the problem:

Do I have to manually keep the TMemo's LINES property updated whenever they press a key?  I mean if they add a character, obvoiusly the LINES property has to be updated.  How is this done in Delphi?  I can trap the OnChange event (whixch I do) and it works fine but then should I simply clear the entire LINES property and grab all the text in the widget again and refill the lines property?

Shane