[lazarus] create

Mike Z. mike at msodata.com
Wed May 19 01:31:33 EDT 1999

At 22:45 5/18/99 -0300, you wrote:

>> Now we go back to the discussion of "Is it time to worry about this
>> yet". I say no. It is something we want to keep in mind and plan on
>> going back and doing but right now we need a working IDE. Once we have A
>> BETTER environment to work in then I say we stop go back and smooth out
>> all the rough edges in our hasty design and build of the IDE.
>
>Then we'll have a broking environment and nobody will go back.
>It's the same case with gtk 1.0 ot gtk 1.2
>Linus always said that half solutions always found a way to stay
>for a loooong time, if you will gonna to do it, do it rigth.

These are both good points.  It's tough to get motivated to fix shoddy
design when there's "new" stuff to program.  It's also tough (for me, at
least) to be real creative with the environment currently available on
linux - even though I love rhide.

I have a suggestion.  Since you're using gtk and the win32 dll's are
available why not do this initial development under win32?  FPIDE is pretty
nice and I've even been using Delphi as an editor for fpc code generation.
The end result should compile on either platform anyway (I'm able to
compile and run lazarus on win32).

mz.