[lazarus] Cliff Status

Michael Van Canneyt michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Oct 5 04:15:29 EDT 1999

On Mon, 4 Oct 1999, Sergio A. Kessler wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> el día Mon, 4 Oct 1999
> 09:35:08 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time), escribió:
>
> >the JOINS must be removed completely; it is NOT ansi SQL.
>
> hu ? are you saying that a sql like:
> select a.h, b.h, c.h, d.j, e.j
> from table1 h, table2 j
> where a.h = d.j
>
> is not ansi sql ???

No, no: but MS Access allows
  SELECT a,b,c,d,e,f,g
  FROM table1 LEFT JOIN table2 ON field1=field2;
A typical VB application is full of it. The 'LEFT JOIN' is NOT ansi SQL.

we'll have to change about 250 queries to more 'ansi sql' statements.

> >> I've found that if you make a join sql and try to delete a record,
> >> a record is deleted from all the tables in the join !
> >
> >I think this has to do with the 'cascaded delete' option of the tables.
>
> I've just tryed the ADOQuery ...
>
> >> and needless to say, ADOExpress come with very nice bugs for your
> >> pleasure...
> >
> >:-) We'll move to interbase altogether. I haven't had problems with
> >that yet :)
>
> I've falled in love with PostgreSql a long time ago ...  :)

I like it too; but I got stuck on MySQL&interbase anyway.

Michael.