[lazarus] Progress

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Wed Sep 1 17:01:59 EDT 1999

Shane Miller wrote:

> Ttrue, however we this is exaclty the same for window.  If it doesn't
> handle an event by defualt you can't force it to.  I remeber there's a
> widget that detects the mouse move, clicks, etc that is invisible and
> it's meant to be used to add this functionality to components that
> don't have it by defualt. We could look into adding that to all
> widgets that need it.

GTKEventBox

> GTKMAIN wouldn't receive the info.  The new/user defined events would
> be called and handled in the component, not in gtk.

So you are saying we would need to add an event manager to LCL?

> Let's not get hung up too far on this.  Let's get something that works
> and if we need to change something we will have a better idea how to
> do it once we get a larger base of WORKING code.  Otherwise, we'll
> never end up with anything.
>
> Let's get all the components added that gtk handles, get an editor up
> and running, and get something that we can show.

I guess in a round about way that is what I have been trying to convey
all along. I was trying to do it by explaining the problem involved but
maybe I should just say "STOP IT", work on GTK. We have been drawn down
in to discussions of WindProc, WinHandles, etc. etc. and it just doesn't
need to be talked about or done at this time. We certainly aren't at the
point to be talking the GTK people and telling them what they should be
adding the GTK library.

So I agree let's just keep working on GTK and get something done.