[lazarus] Progress

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Thu Sep 2 12:04:03 EDT 1999

Samuel Liddicott wrote:

> > How will this be able to support themes?
> >
> > How will this be able to support DnD?
> >
> > How will this be able to support Corba?
>
> It jolly well won't unless the developer adds that.

Well that is the whole point of the LCL API independence. We are
currently working on the GTK interface design. It will not take that
much effort to then make a Gnome interface design. All of the above
things are already handled by Gnome so all of the components
automatically deal with all of these features for you. This also goes
for the KDE libraries. Why reinvent the wheel. Use what already exists.

Don't get too focused on thinking about how Delphi does things. In some
cases they are far from the best solution.