[lazarus] TNotebook error

Shane Miller smiller at lakefield.net
Sat Sep 25 12:56:00 EDT 1999

>Very interesting. How were you able to determine this? When I got the
error, it
>kept giving me all kinds of strange GTK errors, but I don't remember any of
>them saying anything about the parent being nil. Instead, I received errors
like
>the following:
>
>Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkfixed.c: line 176 (gtk_fixed_move): assertion
`widget
>!= NULL' failed.
>
>Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3731 (gtk_widget_set_usize):
assertion
>`widget != NULL' failed.
>

>Is this the same error messages you were getting? And if so, how were you
able
>to determine that it was complaining about the "parent" not being null?  I
see
>it is complaining about "widget != NULL", but that doesn't tell me it is
the
>parent it is having a problem with. So how were you able to determine that?

Those are NOT the errors I was getting.  I was actually getting the error
Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtksomething.c: line ??? (gtk_parent_set): assertion
`widget == NULL' failed.

>I wish I could figure out GDB because it seems to be very helpful to people
who
>know it. But I can't seem to be able to figure out how to use it with FPC
>help me debug things. I just don't understand how to use it for some
reason. It
>just isn't clicking. Does anyone know of any good tutorials or anything to
help
>me figure out how to use GDB to debug my FPC code?

I don't use gdb either because I never looked at it to see if it was easy or
not.  I just don't know how to use it either.

Shane Miller

Get paid to surf the net!
http://alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=DEX-870

Home page : http://www.lakefield.net/~smiller