[lazarus] Possible cvs trouble

Stefan Hille stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org
Sun Sep 26 10:00:48 EDT 1999

Hi!

On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 11:03:59PM +0200, Peter Vreman wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Stefan Hille wrote:
> [..]
> >   1. Few days ago Shane stated that he had to comment out a line related
> >      to TTrackbar in gtkobject. Seems as if he overwrote some of the
> >      changes I made a couple of hours before he committed.
> >
> >      Q: How can this happen and how can we avoid it?
> A: to avoid, copy first your fixed file to the cvs directory, then run cvs
> update to update your file also with the latest changes from other ppl.
> And then you can finaly commit

If I understand right, this should be a save way:

	1. copy modified files to cvs directory
	   (I normally make my changes directly in the cvs-dir)
	2. update from cvs
	3. check for merging conflicts (e.g. by recompiling)
	   and repair them
	4. commit all modified files

In addition I currently update again after this and check the cvs output
if any file is still marked as Modified (which could mean that I forgot to
commit it).

bye,

  Stefan
Stefan Hille          email: stoppok at osibisa.ms.sub.org