[lazarus]download. usage

P.G. Zint zint at idas.de
Thu Feb 10 04:55:22 EST 2000

P.G. Zint
IDAS GmbH
Holzheimer Str. 96
D-65549 Limburg

I am creating Delphi programs on Windows. I want to create a Linux
version of some of them. Therefore, I tried to use Lazarus.

Let me first tell you what I did. On Windows I compiled with the
command line version ppc383.exe (download Lazarus Installer 4.3Meg).
I found a lot of problems and errors:
- No compilation of *.dfm
- Missing units Message, ExtCrtls ...
- Missings classes TImage ...
- Positioning errors in TMenuBar, TEdit, TMemo ...
- Missing Features (Font in TForm ...)
- and so on
Netherless, it was possible to produce a Lazarus program running
on Windows. Then I tried to download a Lazarus compiler for Linux.
(alternative download Lazarus LCL and IDE code 200kb). The requested
URL /~vbman/lazarus.zip was not found on the server.

Therefore, I would be glad, if you could tell me, what to do for
creating a Linux version of a Delphi program. For example, I never
saw any "real" Lazarus IDE.