[lazarus] Documentation heads-up

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Tue Feb 22 18:12:40 EST 2000

Greetings,

I am working on building new documentation of all of the LCL components
using pasdoc. Pasdoc has a problem with some of the files right now and
the Marco will be looking into that. In the mean time if you are editing
some content files be sure to add the tags to the source so that it is
pasdoc friendly. The more information we can add to the source code the
easier the documentation is. I had hoped to have the documentation
started this weekend but the pasdoc problem held me up. So in the mean
time check your files when you edit them.

I am also updating the FPC Class Chart to include the LCL components.
This will give you an overview of all of the classes available in the
FPC/FCL/LCL tree.

I have also built a new MySQL database of the current components in
development. This will be on the "Status" page of the web site. It will
segment the components by library as well as whats being worked on by
whom and it's status. When this is available if you could check out the
list and send me any updates you feel are required. As soon as I get it
running correctly I will be adding forms so that you can update the
information and change component status yourself.

I have also written the whole site in PHP. I need to upgrade my host to
a newer Linux Distro, a newer Apache, a new PHP, and add MySQL to the
machine. I intend on doing this tonight so the mailing list will be down
for a few hours as will be the Lazarus web pages.

Try to check in tomorrow to see the modifications. The site and mailing
list should be online until about 20:00 EST. Get any emails in before
that time if you want them sent this evening.