[lazarus] TListbox

Hans-Joachim Ott hjott at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 22 18:59:51 EST 2000

Hello Shane!

As you might remember, I'm interested in having a listbox in Linux which
has columns. Since I found no way to have it with the current
implementation based on the Gtk List widget, I made some code to have it
based on the CList widget. It seems that it's much more easy to use than
the List widget and it supports columns and other stuff currently not
implemented in lcl, e.g. ListBox.Items.Objects[] and
..Items.Begin/EndUpdate. Also the Gtk tutorial prefers the CList widget.
As a start, I've
- added a new component (csCListBox) to vclglobals.pp
- added some blocks for csCListBox to gtkobjects.inc
- added a GtkCListStringList to gtklistsl(h).inc
- created a component TCListBox = class(TListBox)
- made a small form containing some buttons and such a listbox, to test
it

It has currently all the functionality of csListBox, plus
ListBox.Items.Objects[], and it seems to work. Before I add more
functionality (which might require new LM_ messages), I'd like to know
if you would like to put this code into lcl, to replace csListBox (or
maybe as add-on?), or if I should move my code into a unit of my own and
make a separate component. Shall I send you the files?

Kind regards, Hans