[lazarus] Problem adding a tab when TNotebook is visible

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Sat Feb 26 07:25:03 EST 2000

At 23:17 25-02-2000 -0600, Shane wrote:
>Thanks for looking at this.  What did you use to figure this out?  I use
>DDD but haven't really figured out how to use it that well yet so I
>couldn't tell what event was being fired...

First I started with a little test project, containing only a form, a
button and a notebook.
With DDD I found out that it dumped somewhere deep in gtk so that wasn't
much help.
Then I looked at the last message lazarus had written. It was something
like: pageindex now set to 1
Ok, now we have the last know executed line, so you can set a breakpoint
there. And indeed after setting the page index it crashed.
Another thing you could read was a number of IntSendmessage3 lines (TPAGE
--> Sent LM_Message: $xxxx). The last message was something like $4DB
(addnbpage ?? I can't remember)

All this brought me to AddNBPage and there I remembered some questions I
had when I first saw this code, also remembering that there still was some
work to do but had little importance to me.
Given all this I started wondering what the difference was between a
visible and a non visible notebook and why it worked in the first place
when I fixed the notebook months ago. The only difference is the way GTK
components are created and when.

Marc