[lazarus] Problems Solved thanks

Marc Weustink Marc.Weustink at cuperus.nl
Thu Jan 20 05:31:20 EST 2000

From: Peter Dyson [mailto:peter at skel.demon.co.uk]

>I managed to put together a gtk demo program of GtkSpinButton. I have
>figured what is happeneing about the signals and message passing.

?? I cant see which control you are refering to, or what flashing.

>Though I am not too enamoured with the setting of all properties in one hit
>via the message system. This could cause lots of flashing as users
>sequentially set properties in some of the more property laden components.

A while ago there where lots of changes in the internal behaviour of
TControl and TWinControl. Not all derived controls have been updated yet.
This may result in some strange behaviour.

>Maybe we need a property in one of the parent classes to disable the
posting
>of the messages while programmatic updates to the controls are being made.

Most of the time you are updating one or two properties once the control is
created. If you need to do more you can use the same techniques you use in
Delphi.

Marc