[RE: [Re: [lazarus] cvs changes]]

Michal Bukovjan mbukovjan at netscape.net
Fri Jan 21 13:50:26 EST 2000

> Thats why I posted this message. I do see that somethings might not work on
> other systems. I only want to understand why, otherwise you are only fixing
> symptoms and not the real problem

I agree. I found this would be a problem by seeing error XLFD messages with
totally weird values, like courier-212312-345345345 and so. So I thougt there
is something wrong with some properties not being always initialized, and it
was, although I did not find where, yet.

> + The reason I changed it is because you (or
> + the code :-) assumes that you are running at 120 dpi
> + resolution, which is not my case (I have 75).
>
> The 120 was just a hack to get things running. I didn't have a
PixelsPerInch
> at that moment. The only thin now in my case is that the font is drawn way
> to small. But thats I think a bug in my XServer (Xwin32 on a NT box with
> large fonts).

It is OK, it is small on my X server, too. But as I looked into GNOME font
selector, this is really how courier of size 10 should look like. I suggest
switching to font size of 12 or maybe 14.

Michal Bukovjan