[lazarus] cvs changes

Marc Weustink weus at quicknet.nl
Sat Jan 22 09:53:22 EST 2000

At 19:04 21-01-2000 MET, you wrote:

>> Thats why I posted this message. I do see that somethings might not work on
>> other systems. I only want to understand why, otherwise you are only fixing
>> symptoms and not the real problem
>>
>I agree. I found this would be a problem by seeing error XLFD messages with
>totally weird values, like courier-212312-345345345 and so. So I thougt there
>is something wrong with some properties not being always initialized, and it
>was, although I did not find where, yet.

I start to remember things.
You get these strange results as a result of the current implementation of
GetDC, CreateFont and GetObject(gdiFont). As a temp hack I stored the
logfont info from the CreateFont into the GDIObject, so the GetObject can
return this info. GetDC doesn't store this info. So if you do a GetObject
on a font coming from such a DC (for instance the result of selectobject)
you get rubbish.
As I said it is a temp hack. The logfont info shouln't be there and the
info for GetObject(gdiFont) should be constructed from the CurrentFont, I
only rembered there was something, but didnt know what (till now)

>It is OK, it is small on my X server, too. But as I looked into GNOME font
>selector, this is really how courier of size 10 should look like. I suggest
>switching to font size of 12 or maybe 14.

OK

Marc