[lazarus] Lack of emails on list

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jan 28 04:07:36 EST 2000

Greetings,

It was brought to my attention that some emails people had been sending
to the list were not getting there. The reason for this was due to a
change I made on the list. To prevent SPAM I had confined all emails to
the list to only those individuals who had subscribed addresses on the
list. This helps prevent SPAM but it has appears to cause more problems
then the occasional SPAM the list gets. Several users subscribe to one
address to receive emails but occasionally send emails from several
addresses. I wasn't aware of this. I have turned off the feature so be
aware that an occasional SPAM might creep in now and again. If it gets
to bad I will have to turn the switch back on to stop it.

I have gone through the rejected email list and will attempt to resend
some of those emails.

I am sorry for this problem, I thought I was helping to insure reduced
SPAM and in turn reduced the effiecency of the list.