[lazarus] Lazarus on windows 98 runs

Michael A. Hess mhess at miraclec.com
Fri Jan 28 12:33:04 EST 2000

From: "Vincent Snijders" <vsnijders at zonnet.nl>

> I remember once seeing on the list a message from Micheal Hess (I
> think) in which he explained with text diagrams how the intefface
> object worked together the widget sets and the LCL. I have been
> looking my mailbox and the archive but I couldn't find it.

Is this the one you were refering to? I could make this into a nice
graphics if people would think it would be helpful.

Here is a layout of the libs. when using GTK+

   |                    Application                      |

   |                    Lazarus/LCL                      |
      |                                   |          |
      |                                   |          |
      |      |----------------------------|------|  GTK  |
      |      |                            |      ---------
      |      |                            |          |
   |        GLIB         |            |      X Window    |

When using Gnome it gets even more complex because another layer which
is Gnome sites inbetween Lazarus and the GTK+ library.